ON APRIL 9, 2013, the Board of Supervisors will consider forming an ad hoc committee to recommend a redistricting plan. The members of the ad hoc committee will likely include two members of the Board of Supervisors, two members of local City Councils, five public members and one non-voting alternate public member.
The public can participate in two ways.
First, the County is soliciting applications from members of the public who would like to be appointed to the Committee. In order to be eligible for appointment as a public member, a person should:
1. Be a current resident of the County
2. Not be a sitting elected official
3. Be without a conflict of interest
4. Have available time to participate in the work of the committee; and
5. Have knowledge of the County's neighborhoods, geography, and communities of interest. In addition, public members must be registered to vote at the time they serve on the committee.
If you are interested in serving as a public member, please fill out the application here. The deadline is 5 PM on March 15th.