PSYCHOLOGISTS ROBERT Hare and Paul Babiak have developed a test for psychopaths in the workplace, fashioned from the clinical test for psychopathy Hare developed which has become the industry standard in the mental health world.
Broadly speaking, psychologists test for the presence of these traits in would-be psychopaths:
1. Superficial and grandiose notions of themselves
2. Pathological lying and conning
3. Impulsive behavior showing a need for stimulation without regard to consequence
4. Shallow emotions with little sign of sympathy, remorse or guilt
5. Poor behavioral controls, often marked with childhood problems and histories of juvenile delinquency.
>Quiz: Is your boss a psychopath? Take the exam here