April 9, 2009

Meet Warren Slocum on Slideshare

IF YOU prepare and present slides at your talks, lectures and speeches, then you should check out Slideshare. Basically that site allows you to upload your presentation files and share them with the world. Or if you prefer, uploaded slide shows can be viewed privately.

I prepared the "Speed Bio" of myself using Apples's Keynote which is part of the iWork package. Then I saved the file as a PDF to my desktop (MacBook Pro). The final step was to give the presentation a title, some tags and assign a category.

Click the "upload" button and your creation is on the web.

Oh, did I mention that the very first step is to register as a user? That takes less than a minute and requires the usual stuff - a user name and an email address.

It's that easy!




Bookmark and Share

No comments: