Along with Oregon State University's Open Source Lab, OSDV is holding a meeting in Portland on February 18th to introduce developers and interested folks to their effort which is described as a "public digital works project." Attendees of the meeting will learn about the "TrustTheVote Project," a well funded non-profit effort which has been under the radar for 2 years. The guest speakers are Gregory Miller, Chief Development Officer, OSDV and E. John Sebes, Chief Technology Officer. Their presentation will touch on:
- Introduce the project, its motivation, founding, and development efforts to date;
- Walk through the TrustTheVote technology road map and review major projects underway;
- Discuss development philosophies and approaches including experience-driven design and test-driven agile development;
- Review opportunities for systems architects, software developers, SDQA/test specialists, and user experience designers;
- Cover plans to expand the volunteer developer teams, future opportunities for senior members of technical staff, and opportunities for you to get involved.